Let me start from the beginning, and explain why this board game is actually a bonding family game and why it’s so special for me and my family.
So two weeks ago, I’ve learned that an average Canadian family spends a total of 14% of their time at home together! Now if you think about it, it’s really not a lot! So Leon’s have conducted a social experiment, and have helped one family track their family time, with Project Smart Furniture! They have got a sofa, that was tracking all family members time spent together! My girls were very intrigued with it, and honestly it got me thinking a lot too.
So first, I really encourage you to watch this video! It’s fascinating how it all worked out! And secondly, I think I have found a solution! I was really trying to think about a way to get a families together more, and it hit me: by playing more together!
Of course, any type of game that makes you spend time together as a family is good, but imagine a game that lets the family bond? That gives everyone an opportunity to talk about how they feel and how they see other family members. And what they love about each and every one. A game that leaves everyone with that felling-good emotion, when you look around and think, yes, this is my place, and these are my people. A game that let’s kid see how parents see them, and parents see how their kids describe them. A game that makes everyone listen when others speak.
So as you know, I studied psychology, and one of my favorite things was group therapy sessions. So this game is based on that principle of a group bonding session.
But what kids will see, is a dice and roll board game, where the winner get’s a doughnut! A game with cute tokens and a Popsicle for the person loosing his tour.
So here’s what you need:
- Download and print “Donut you want to win” game. I suggest using thick paper, so the game can last longer!
- Use duck tape to glue the pages of the board game together. ( If you’d like to make it prettier and thicker, print the last page 2 more times, and glue them at the back of the board game page)
- Cut out the question cards ( again, if you want them thinker, print the last page 4 more times, and glue it in together with the question page, wait until it dries, and then cut out the questions)
- Pick out the tokens you like, and cut them out
- Cut out the doughnut and the Popsicle , and glue them together.
- Let your kids help you with all the steps!
Now, It’s time to play! Grab the page with rules, and read them aloud. Let everyone choose their token. Prepare a dice. Place the cards on the board, and the doughnut and the Popsicle on their spots. Have fun!
You can add your own questions if you wish! And of-course, helping each other is encouraged!
Seeing my family bonding together, my kids laughing at my hubby’s imitations, and my daughters making up songs about us, makes my heart so happy and full. I hope you’ll feel the same after playing with your family! And it’s funny how it all started with Project Smart Furniture!
disclosure: This post was brought to you by Leon’s, all opinions remain my own.