image

I love a good body scrub, that leaves your skin soft, smells great and is all natural. But I usually find them way to expensive. And when they are organic on top of it, then they get really ridiculously pricey. So it’s really much better to make your own, specially that it doesn’t take more than 5 minutes. Last year I’ve shared with you a recipe for a lemon body scrub, this one is sweeter in scent and leaves your skin even softer thanks to honey and olive oil. You can use only white sugar if you wish, and even though it feels right to use the best organic products for your skin, you can use regular ones too.

1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
Olive oil
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Start by mixing sugars together, then add honey, vanilla essence and as much olive oil as needed.

image

Stir it well:

image

You may want your scrub to be more or less liquid, I like mine quite liquid because I find it softer on my skin. So add olive oil slowly , and mix it well together. If you think it’s too liquid just add more sugar.

image

You can also wrap it and offer it as a cute little gift:

image

So easy, isn’t it?

7 Comments on Sugar vanilla body scrub

1. everybodylovespretty
    May 5, 2014 at 1:36 am (3 years ago)

So easy!! And it looks so pretty in that mason jar! Love love love

• Joanna
      May 5, 2014 at 1:38 am (3 years ago)

Thank you thank you !:) I hope you’ll like using it too 🙂

2. Mama's Gotta Bake
    May 6, 2014 at 4:17 pm (3 years ago)

Wow! This is awesome, I never thought to make my own so I will definitely give it a try!

• Joanna
      May 6, 2014 at 4:27 pm (3 years ago)

Great! Let me know if you liked it 🙂

3. Stefanie Foote
    August 25, 2014 at 8:31 pm (3 years ago)

Wow, I’ll have to try this and if it works, it sure beats $50 for the Fresh scrub I love (but can no longer afford).

• Joanna
      August 26, 2014 at 9:21 pm (3 years ago)

For sure even if you use real olive oil, it’ll still be cheaper ! And it really works great !

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Sugar vanilla body scrub

1. […] Rather then dreaming about spa and that well deserved day all to yourself, take a half an hour and treat yourself today with this sweet vanilla sugar scrub. It takes only a couple of minutes to prepare , and I’m pretty much convinced that all the ingredients needed are in your pantry. For details click here […]